Friday, April 06, 2007

Work asks questions

So ... when are you moving ... around here?
Is there a reason why you aren't moved yet?
So, is there anything we can do to get you moved up here?


I think I feel a trend here.

On the lighter side of things, I have been asked to "shop" for a few things. Why I'm the one is beyond me, but I don't mind. The other people there have been there longer and are younger, but ... they seem to have no interest in such things.

I have a test in around a month and they will begin "grilling" me on the materials. I was told to make study sheets so that I can walk in with a prepared speech, essentially, over each section. And this testing and verbal meeting is two hours long? Oi! I'm not stressed, but yikes -- I'm not all thrilled to do all that. The good news is that upon successful completion, I get a bump in pay. The "bump" isn't much, as I calculated it to be about 50 cents/hr, but it is something. I can only hope that I can get through the other sections much faster.

No comments: