Friday, April 13, 2007

puppy who visited


So, there you see ... Lois and the visiting dog, Sissy and jealous Daisy. Sissy escaped from her house; we later found out that the family was having the yard redone and she went adventuring. Sad to note that they weren't too active in finding her. The numbers on her tag were a clue, but ..

the neighborhood number was defunct. The other number was to a man, was "grandpa" who lived just outside of FW. It was my birthday and it was spent trying to track down the puppy's humans. Thank goodness for the internet and the still-free sites to research phone numbers. I found the "grandpa" and he was going to return the dog to the family, after he got her a new tag. She was a gregarious little girl who seemed to favor guys.

We found out that she sleeps with an 8 year-old boy. What a cute little girl. She was something, especially to get Lois out there with her.

Daisy, the next-door neighbor dog wasn't too keen on sharing attention and "treats". End of story, we were out way north and ate out there for lunch.

I never knew that friends of mine were directly behind me in the booth. What a fool I am. I had lox on bagel with capers and sour cream -- a rareity. The folks treated me to lunch -- how very nice.

I got a couple of cards and a load of pictures. Thanks you all for the happy birthday.

I had to work ... it wasn't the best of nights ... oh, well.

No comments: