Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Marcus' dirty work

Ah ... somewhat accidents at work.

Well, you might know that I work in food prep in the course of my work. Well, now on two occasions, I have had the wondrous joy of wearing food that was prepped. I must say, that often, my speed in walking at work has generally sent the material flying away from me, but I got to wear it a few times.

I have also burnt myself several times. There is, undoubtedly, a secret bet as to when I will cut myself at work. There are those at work who feel my "method" with cutting instruments will lead to cutting myself. I am not wickedly fast or using them as "weapons", but precariously hold blades sometimes. I doubt, really, that I will sever a layer of skin. If so, gloves and I get to step away from food. Who wants this bloody food item? No, I mean bloody, not just an English term here.

One recent thing at work that made me laugh ... a nice-looking young woman/girl had her back to the counter. I helped a couple of guys, while their attention wasn't on me, nor my shoulder, nor ribs, but rather her butt. Dashed lines were present, easy to follow. She wasn't impressed when I let her know that her butt was the focus of much attention, unwanted or not.

No comments: