Sunday, July 09, 2006

Quilting not quitting


Recapping: Mother finished a quilt, now that she's more skilled.

Father's soreness hasn't left and on some days, he reports very painful experiences. I have some guesses, but I'm no doctor. Father seems resistant to the idea of seeing one again, believing (more hoping) that the pain will go away in just one more week, which he repeats like a mantra. It has affected his golf and life, but ... I digress:

3 Rivers Festival is upon us like a shadow demon -- come, spend too much money in the heat of Fort Wayne. I think this year I'll not do much again. Last year I was there but 4 hours, this year likely the same. The folks likely won't do much as Mom's knees are bugging; one more than the other, and father's shoulder being sore and not likely to drive when he can avoid it.

The 4th of July Fireworks display, I understand, was a dud. The end of festival fireworks tend to "rock" and I'll try to see those. This year they'll be fired late due to Indiana's adoption of the Daily Savings Time lie. No one has shown real numbers to qualify the shift from stone to flesh, or not moving clocks to moving clocks.

Diane's birthday was this weekend, but her weekends are busy, generally with gunk and junk that builds up over the week. Her school work -- reports are stacked at the door, making a pile like Christmas decorations -- yes nearly that high. Now, as they are in folders, files and boxes, you'd think that they wouldn't be safe, but one never knows. I think electronic filing and completion are a smarter way to go. PDF filing. I think I'll file a form HBTY - ASAP 1959*

Happy birthday Diane!

I see also that Aunt Dorothy's birthday is approaching -- shark-liker perhaps?

* HBTY ASAP 1959 = Happy Birthday to You, As soon as possible the year of her birth

No comments: