Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Poker

Tuesdays are Thomas' poker nights with friends, every other Tuesday and they rotate turns as hosts. It's interesting to note that while they have been playing for maybe 10+ years like this, why they would argue about poker. Last night, while not serious, there was a dispute about poker. Father laughed off the rock-paper-scissors battle with, "We've only been playing for years. You'd think we'd know the rules by now." In the end, I think there was "no fault" and the game continued.

In mid-game, around 9 o'clock, the adult kids come up to feast and feast and feast. I have included this picture because it reminded me of Disney's Bug's Life, "They come; they eat; they leave." Later this was a mantra. This is what I saw when they left to continue playing. What I don't get is why, if the trash in 22" from you, why you don't throw stuff away. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me.


Also, there was in Father's case; ... he eats, he pains like mad. There were hot wings as well as BBQ wings and they fluttered in him though alive -- according to father. In re-using my chicken statement--ran like a chicken to the medicine cabinet. After a night of unrest, he declared, "I think we're gonna be pitching out the hot wings". He dared not let Mother try them as she doesn't like hot and responses poorly to it.

Lois was again, so very sore that she spent much time unavavilable. Earlier in the day, using an ice pad -- simply a honey packet sheet (30 x 50) filled with water, then frozen; broken in a few areas soaking some parts of the bed. Mother was ejected from her rest due to the levee breaking. Anyway -- change of sheets -- good as new -- ice sheet went to trash. There is another one, but empirical data shows it's prone to puncture.

Marcus went out on a trek, prior to returning to help with food prep/settings. On my trip I got a few interesting pictures. I saw two muskrats eking out a living on the very low, dirty river. To my surprise, there was also a duck -- common, and a stork. It was a good photography day.

The directions on the wings was 20 minutes at 400. That didn't work worth squat! I think either the oven is wrong in it's setting or the instructions were a bit off. The wings took double the time and were still .. not fully warm. Nuts! The food, as you can see above, was eaten and everyone, I guess had a good time. There were two smokers who left their butts somewhere no one could find, as they weren't in the ashtrays father set out for them. Come time for mowing and I'll suppose we'll see them in the street or somewhere.

I twice played poker with these guys. The first time, I lost $20 in two hours, then quit. I lost only $5 over four hours the next time. I might play sometime later when they are missing a person, but that ratio isn't so good.

No comments: