Friday, June 29, 2007

Break-splatters fly!

At work yesterday was one of the ugliest and darkest days I've had. It was rough, tough, and unacceptable. I have a self-policy of acknowledging my fellows with token gift for "brothers in arms" during heavy periods when we get slaughtered. The prinicple reason last night was busy night with a person who was a no-show. The strange thing about it is that work doesn't terminate the person. Work has been none-to-worried about canning people before for such a transgression, especially on the frequency that this person has done it.

I wonder if there's a story there I should know ... favoristism, methinks.

I ran, and ran, and ran ... broke stuff, and was quite sore by night's end. I reluctantly completed a time-wasting assignment that helped solve an error. It is a twice-daily job, but here saved an eggresious error from miscounting. I had other things I needed and wanted to do, but I finished it and found an error, observed by the other "m". We concured on the new number and I buggered out of there.

I suspect that tonight will be modestly better with a slight chance of less spanking and more possibilities. I informed the cheify that training others to do other jobs would have been wise, but he didn't act on it. I think we caught it on the butt or face for his lack of effort on this action. He, of course, is out this week.

I have graded this week to be a 65 percent. This means it's an "F", but it shows some competency. Perhaps extra credit would help. Writing of which, I wonder if I can talk personnel into OT for me, namely to put things into "real shape" so that work isn't perpetually doing catch-up. They're pretty lame-brained, so I don't have high hopes.

No comments: