Monday, March 19, 2007

positively work

There's a woman at work who is diabetic. She has to administer shots to herself while at work. She does it in the arm, bruising easily. After I mentioned that Lois does this, but in the abdomen, this woman rebuffed the idea of stomach shots for the same reason -- bruising. At least she's pro-active with it and taking it seriously!

I was asked yet another question about the volumes of stuff I was to read and remember. What does this weigh? Uh ... I don't know. The SATs were simple, these tests, whenever I get them, will be grueling, for sure. I'm not nervous or worried, but there is a fartload of stuff that they want me to have committed to memory.

It was funny, I was "attempting" to direct people at work, but it got busy, always and we ran behind. A shift leader, previously an assistant manager before he left the company then returned, noted the volume of business that we did over projected. We were short-staffed and had our butts handed to us. I mentioned on my personal blog about my disappointment with placement and use of personnel. Sometimes, I wonder what goes on in the heads of people. One manager, in particular, tends to send off people during a fifteen minute lull, only see to business surge like a tsunami. For this reason, I consider him quite a fool regarding staffing. Granted, the one guy he sent home was, well, not imbibed with strong work ethics ... sloth-like speed at times, mixed with tendencies toward chatting-in-lieu-of-working and eating the buffet discards (food pulled off buffet that is okay, not on some one's plate), but still. The kid, who might have been selectively placed (special needs person with some limitations regarding cognition) called me, Speedy Gonzales, for dishes can be done fast -- unlike what he shows.

I got freed 25 minutes early, for lack of business ... they had no choice but to drop people -- they kept only the closers. I drove in the evening setting sun and saw around ten wild deer in different fields. There were four in one field, and a couple in another, etc. I'm assuming they had an easy winter, yet again this year.

No comments: