Monday, September 25, 2006

Time well spent

Joining the world of -- missing puppies and he was ...

Goodbye dear friend, Thunderheart. Your last months were unattractive, arthritis and little joy. Oh, but the joy you brought to others. You went camping, cooking, with girlscouts, boyscouts -- walking with others, defending them too. Your Halloween costume was never the same year to year. You put up with being used as a pillow, dress up doll ... makeup and nails painted. You got treats and handfed when a puppy and as an old man. You up and left to wander home -- walking at least 60 miles, foolish boy!

You were as much family as any, though Mom intermittantly let you have control of furniture. You barked at dogs, never acknowledging yourself as one. You let birds fly around you and ate spiders. Sweet boy, I'm sorry you died alone. You shouldn't and couldn't have lived forever, but you broke hearts when you died.

Bark in heaven ... your new home!
...
From Debbie:
"We are sad today. My baby Thunder left us yesterday night. Peacefully , perhaps, as it was in the middle of the kiechen wit all of us nearby klistening to the bronco game.
Tony and I took him to be cremated today. I think I am in a bit of shock s I find myslef doin htings for the two dogs. I grab enough biscuits for two dogs, two leashes, two waters, two
p opsickels. I can hear him barking and breathing. I miss him lots. We keep talking about all the manny, many good times he gave us, joined with us. He helped me raise the 5 children, climbed mountatins, swam in maintain streams and slept in hotel rooms. Pretty special german shepherd."

No comments: