Saturday, November 25, 2006

amendment to Thanksgiving

Thomas and Lois took Angel out for a walk. The three liked it. When they got back, I saw a neat, "nifty" sight ... Angel wandering around and Thomas and Lois sitting in the sun, basking ... enjoying being out, in the sun, together.+ Though there were plenty of desserts, I doubt that much will be left on Monday, since Jenny goes back on Sunday as does Jim. Each, I think, having three more weeks of school. Jim loves snacking on desserts and generally makes meals of them. According to Diane -- he's a grazer, eating all day on little here and there.

The folks had a great deal of food and Diane sent home pounds of food. After two days of cold turkey sandwiches, there isn't a dent in the bag sent home with the folks.

I am thankful for these two other, unmentioned things: though the year is waning, the folks' love is not. I am thankful that I still have more time ... not quite sunset, not quite twilight, not the night yet. Miles and years separate family and people, but love -- love binds us.

God, thanks for us; Jesus, thanks for the after.

+ literally separated by commas

No comments: