Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another wet day

Lois and Thomas went to appointments today, but there was a bit of confusion. They called me to find out where, if it was written, they were to go today. They had an understanding that they should be at one doctor's office, but perhaps another. I told them what was written. Still not convinced myself, I called the office listed at the time they were trying to meet and they had two office appointments running similtaneously. I thought, as did the scheduling nurse, that there should be a logic bit that prevents that from happening. What she and I didn't know is that the doctors did well intend to do that and Lois met with two doctors that hour -- saving much time and gas.

Thomas and Lois then went out to lunch and followed that with visiting the newly built Target here in town. It is the new SUPER Target, whatever that means. They seemed to like it and got gifts for kids, a basketball, and a new kettle. Now, one might suspect the use for the kettle -- that's right to make hot water for tea. The other kettle poured about as cleanly as an old spray can. The new one works great.

Lois was assigned a new home therapy using the basketball. I joked that it was layups, but it isn't that either. She uses it for flexing and movement; how very clever. I don't think she'll put Michael Jordan out of position anytime soon.

I picked up my neice, Jessica at the YMCA where she exercises after school. Thankfully it is within walking distance of the school. She had a doctor's appointment after that, so I drove her there (about 30 minutes away from the Y). I took her back to the folks house with the understanding that she would likely have to spend the night there for her mother was serving jury duty. Diane was under the impression that the case might last until Thursday evening, followed by a weekend deliberating sentencing. It was a civil trial and it finished sooner. The jury found the defense not guilty, so there wasn't a penalty phase.

Marcus spent some time looking for jobs (daily) and got a notice that one place actually responded -- "Thank you -- blah, blah, blah ... position has been filled." Drats! I'm still looking and applying.

Father is reading, "End of the Spear" about the missionaries who are slain by a tribe in Equador. Marcus is reading, "Dose of Sanity" about the poor state of psychiatry and the misdiagnosis and more for lack of medical approach to therapy. It's written by a practicing Neuropsychiatrist and exposes the many failings of cardboard psychiatry. I would highly recommend this short and simple book.

Lois is walking better each day, though feels the pain of rain-borne aches and joint pain. Her new knees are better than the old ones and she is walking better now than she had the previous six months and I believe in far less pain. Yes, yes ... double yes!

No comments: